Monday, January 11, 2016

Turkey Tikka Curry Meatloaf and Garam Masala Mashed potatoes!

I admit living in the city spoiled me.  I had access to some of the most amazing international cuisines and grocery items on a daily basis and kind of took that for granted.  Now that I live in a much smaller community, gaining access to some of those flavors without eating out has been a challenge.

Until now!  Not only did I discover a local manufacturer of authentic Indian spices and sauces, I also have gained the courage and time to start cooking them.  And yes, I kinda cheated, because I am still a mom who needs to simplest recipes ever to ensure I actually have time to get the food on the table.

While this will work with any good Curry Simmer Sauce I highly recommend you give Neera's a try. You can order directly from them here -

http://cinnabarfoods.com

For this recipe I used Neera's Tikka Curry Simmer Sauce, Garam Masala spice mix and the Yogurt Seasoning mix.

So here is my comfort food version of Indian cuisine.  And I have to say I am seriously proud of this one, regardless of how little effort it actually took on my part to put it all together.

TURKEY TIKKA CURRY MEATLOAF
1.5-2lbs ground turkey
1 16oz jar curry simmer sauce
2-3 tbsp numeric
2 eggs lightly whisked
1.5-2c bread crumbs or mashed potato flakes (or half and half)

Basically I used 3/4 of the sauce with everything else listed above and mixed it all together.  Once you have formed your loaf in the baking dish, pour the remaining sauce over the top.  I tend to make it in the morning and refrigerate it until I bake in the evening, not sure how much of a difference that makes.  Bake in the oven at 350 for 1h15m or until internal temp is 165.

Serve with mashed potatoes that are seasoned with garam masala seasoning (mix to taste) and warmed naan with the yogurt dip*.

*I mix the yogurt seasoning with plain greek yogurt and let sit in the fridge for a few hours.  I also purchase pre-made garlic naan from Safeway and freeze it.  Then warm it in the oven for about 15 min  until warmed though.

ENJOY!




2 comments:

  1. That was so yummy, I just put leftovers away and I'm already craving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so yummy, I just put leftovers away and I'm already craving them!!

    ReplyDelete