Saturday, October 26, 2013

Here's to new ventures and the power of creative collaboration!

I gave myself one year.  One year to settle my family in our new home, new town, new...everything.   One year to really get to know my kids without a laptop permanently open and cell phone in my hand. A year to bleed out the intense stress I carried from my previous job while trying to continue my work from home.  I gave myself 365 days to figure out what I really wanted to do when I grew up...again.

I wont bore you (in this post) with my meltdowns over the wildlife in my closet or my "welcome to your new home" by spending a week in the children's hospital!  You could say I let time get away from me while I actually starting living, both the good and the bad.

Somewhere around day 410 that little push came in the form of a gift.  A lovely little tote with a hand drawn design on it from a friend.  Over the next few days I watched as she shared her artwork online and questioned it's worth as a possible product.  My producer brain buzzed with endless ways to help market her designs, while also looking at ways to expand her creations with some crafty ideas of my own.  A few weeks later, and several dozen coffee's we decided to go into business together creating fun handmade products that spotlight her artwork.  And while I in no way pretend that my sewing expertise spans more than the last few months, I have to say I think I am getting the hang of it.

So here's to new adventures and a lot of creativity to share.  Join us, like us, and visit regularly as we roll out new ideas that often come from late nights, lots of coffee and car sickness.




https://www.facebook.com/lambkedesigns

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LambKeDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment