Friday, October 11, 2013

Lunch Bag

So I was sitting in the living room many weeks ago, sorting through school supplies and bursting with pride over having collected all the items on my daughter's school list in advance.  And all that was left, the afternoon before the first day of school, was to sort and label all my acquisitions.  I am pretty sure I even proclaimed my awesomeness at being a proactive mom to the husband, who usually laughs and reminds me that it is with those announcements that I tend follow with a realization and expletive at the discovery that I might have made a mistake.

Yeah, so I checked the list, over and over, and managed to skip over the "lunch box" on the list.  Just recently I had thrown out last years model, not only due to its worn out appearance, but I had no faith it would last another day of use.  As the panic set in and the acceptance that I am too lazy to drive in to town to go to Target I decided to see if I could find some online help and take advantage of the plethora of material I have been hoarding (and not using).

Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?  It didn't take long to find a link to Craft Buds with an insanely easy and super cute bag design.  With the 6 year old's help (which usually adds a bit of time) we were able to churn out this cute little bag with snack bag in only about 2 hours!  And although some of my posts may be out of order, I should point out that this was only the third sewing project I have ever done (major props again to Craft Buds for their easy to follow instructions).



I need to give a HUGE shout out to Craft Buds for rescuing me at the eleventh hour.
Here is a link to the site and directions for this versatile bag!

http://www.craftbuds.com/car-trash-bag-reusable-lunch-bag/

You can check out my recent post with instructions on making the snack bags (For about $1 per bag!).

http://growingupkiddos.blogspot.com/2013/10/reusable-snack-bags-for-1-make-4-with.html




1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! You are welcome to make and sell this design up to a quantity of 50 if you'd like. Thank you for asking permission. If you'd like to sell more than 50, just get in touch and we'll chat!

    ReplyDelete